BEFORE THE CRUISE
Safety & Restrictions
Is the boat Coast Guard certified?
- Yes. It is a United Stated Coast Guard inspected vessel certified for 150 passengers.
Is there an age limit to come aboard?
- Young people under the age of 18 are welcome but must be accompanied by an adult.
What should I wear?
- Practical shoes. Remember that you’ll be on a dock and aboard a boat -- no high heels and flip flops are discouraged.
- Light jacket, sweatshirt or sweater. It can be much cooler on the water, especially on evening cruises.
- Sunscreen & a hat.
What should I bring?
- Cash or a credit card for drinks, snacks, or souvenirs on board.
Valid ID if you . . .
1. purchased tickets online.
2. are over 21 and plan to consume alcoholic beverages.
Can I bring food & drinks aboard?
- We don't permit outside food or beverages.
Ticket Purchasing & Policies
What do I need to bring if I bought my tickets online?
- You don't need to print your tickets. We will check you in at the boat.
Can I buy a ticket at the boat?
- Yes, tickets will be available dockside if that excursion isn’t sold out. However, we recommend purchasing tickets in advance.
What is your cancellation policy?
- Refunds will be issued if a cruise is cancelled. If you are unable to attend or running late and miss the boat, you will not receive a refund.
What time should I arrive at the boat?
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure to check in.
Where should I park?
- You’ll find a parking lot west of the Railroad Dock (where Hampton Jitney stops) as well as both west and northwest of East End Seaport Museum. There is another public lot two blocks away on Adams Street.
Where will I check in?
- Check in at the Peconic Star II on the Railroad Dock next to the North Ferry to Shelter Island and behind East End Seaport Museum.
What if I’m running 15 minutes late?
- You need to run faster! Seriously, though . . . We depart at the scheduled time and will be unable to hold the boat, even if members of a larger party haven’t arrived yet.
What happens if it rains?
- The boat runs rain or shine. The Peconic Star II has both outdoor and indoor space, so be sure to plan for all the elements. We will notify you if high winds or extreme weather will cause us to cancel the trip.
Does the boat have a bathroom?
- Yes, there are two bathrooms on board.
Is the boat wheelchair accessible?
- The Peconic Star II is not wheelchair accessible.
Is smoking permitted?
- We have a designated smoking area at the stern (back) of the boat. Smoking is not allowed in our main cabin, on the top deck, or on the bow at the front of the boat.
How fast does the boat go?
- 10 knots (11.5 miles) per hour. She’s a turtle, not a hare.
Will I get seasick?
- Seasickness is always a possibility when you’re boating. If you know that you are susceptible to seasickness, please be prepared so you can enjoy the cruise.
Will I get wet?
- Though unlikely, it is possible that you may catch some spray . . . and sometimes that’s a good thing!
Should I tip the deckhands / crew?
- Absolutely, if you have enjoyed your trip, you are welcome to express that to the crew with a gratuity.